Obama's health plan

Does anyone know what obama's health plan is suppose to consist of, or what it is suppose to provide? When he was running for office i thought he meant making it more affordable such as getting insurance companies to lower premiums and have them more affordable with lower deductibles, and to quit denying things. But now i am not really understanding what the plan is suppose to be like. Is it suppose to be like medicaid or something? Are they planning on making it available to everyone? Any one know or have a helpful link it would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• NO ONE knows!!! Yet, he somehow managed to get elected just by mentioning a few key catch words, and the people cheered! Now, the people want answers, and there really aren't any! Amazing how bland things are when the smoke clears!

We'll find out along with everyone else, when Obama is good and ready. But I can promise you this, it ain't gonna be pretty. Get ready to be a number and only get absolutely essential care...at the bare minimum level.
    Anonymous

• I hope its NOT like medicaid. That is why I am against any kind of socialistic medicine.

That system is awful.
    Anonymous

• Government run so of course it will be an absolute wreck
    Anonymous

• He doesn't have a plan.
    Anonymous

• If you have a job, more money will be taken out of your check to give to the government to pay for the care for the people who don't work. If this keeps going, we will have to earn $2 to keep $1. This means we will never stop owing the government. BO is making it so the population of this country will work to pay taxes and the government will pay the bills. Sound familiar. Russia tried this and they almost starved to death!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:20 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I don't think anyone will know what the plan is until sometime in July or Aug.
    Anonymous

• Obama is a socialist. He wants to control every aspect of our lives. He is a low down rotten skunk. When he passes gas he should be fined for polluting the air.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 7:08 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Actually, Obamas plan was not all that clear except for the generalities you speak of. He has approved all medical records to be online so we can have our private info hijacked by weirdos or the govt. can take a peek whenever they want . Anything else is up in the air. Everything depends on congress because Obama has given the job to Pelosi to find a good plan. We should know within a month or 2 how little it will save and how much it will cost us.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:22 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I got my fill of hate for the day..thanks ladies.. :)
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:29 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I heard a debate between a Mc Cain rep and an Obama rep regarding the proposed plan before the election. It was basically a government subsidized health insurance plan (just like any health insurance), and the plan was going to be giving people a choice of plans, or to keep the plan they have with their employer. Basically, the Gov was going to take the position of an employer and use the clout of a huge enrollment to negotiate low fees and costs. Nothing more specific than that.

I imagine it would work something like Minnesota Care, which I was on. It's for people who aren't offered health insurance through their employers and can't afford regular premiums or can't get coverage. It was a sliding fee scale which subsidized people who make up to 200% of the poverty rate but don't have insurance.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:50 PM on May. 28, 2009