Should I bring DD?

My friend is having her baby shower this weekend and she says she does not mind if Chloe (18 months) comes, but I'm not sure that I should bring her, and my sister (the only person I allow to watch DD), is not sure if she will be able to babysit. Would you bring your 18 month old to a baby shower at someone else's house?

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 4:37 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If who ever the baby shower is for does not mind then why not.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:39 PM on May. 28, 2009

• if i didn't have anyone to watch her, then yes.....but i'd rather not take my child to a baby shower or something like that b/c i wouldn't want to have to chase her all over the place
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:40 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I had 4 babies at mine, a 7 year old, and a 4 year old. I didn't mind!
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:41 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I am pretty sure I had 4 or 5 kiddos at mine ranging from 1 - 6 or 7 I didn't mind at all. If the guest of honor doesn't mind I would take her if you don't mind watching her and maybe missing out on a little of the shower...
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 4:44 PM on May. 28, 2009

• As long as you ask first, it should be fine. I told my SS specifically not to bring her kids (because they are not well behaved at all) and she brought them anyway. I was pissed and I thought that was really rude.
    I had other babies there too and I didn't mind one bit. I think it would be fun to bring your daughter.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:49 PM on May. 28, 2009

• since she doesn't mind then i'd brign her. i think it's better to go have fun and support your friend than miss out.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:57 PM on May. 28, 2009

• YEAH! Why not? Everyone loves babies!! I had a bunch of kids come to my babyshower, I didn't mind one bit! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:38 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My daughter had several young ones at her baby shower and we didn't mind at all!
    The only thing that bothered us was this one spoiled little boy kept getting into the gifts and pulling them out of the gift bags before my daughter could and getting in the way of the pictures. We were trying to be nice about it by asking him to come sit by us or help the other kids watch, but his grandmother thought he was cute and she always thinks he should be the center of attention wherever he goes. In fact, she made me take photos of him holding some of the gifts with my daughter. I was so irritated, but didn't want to ruin my daughter's day.
    So, there is no problem bringing little ones to parties, especially if the hostess gives the okay, but I'm sure it would be appreciated if you kept her out of the way during the big photo ops. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:58 PM on May. 28, 2009