I have a two yr old fighting me to sleep!!!!!

We have a two yr old and twins on the way.
My two yr old recently started fighting to go to bed. She refuses to sleep in her room, refuses to go to sleep without me laying next to her and rubbing her back.
I have tried everything! I am trying to nip this issue in the butt before our twins come but I am out of ideas!!
HELP

MommyTahra

Asked by MommyTahra at 4:41 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• BUMP! mine does the same thing
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:42 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Try putting her to bed earlier. Yes, earlier. Do not let her get overtired or over stimulated. Make sure she naps or rests in the afternoon too.
    And start a reward system - put a small token in her room (I use a simple star picture I printed out). If she stays in bed and is quiet, she gets to keep the star. If she still has the star in the morning, she gets a small reward. Believe me, a couple of M&Ms at breakfast time won't kill her.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:39 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My 2 yr old did something similar. Try gradually shortening how long you stay and rub her back. Then try sitting in a chair, then near the door, etc. In our case, he jsut stopped doing it..
    Anonymous