I am pregnant for the first time and I was wondering if it is odd for me to start getting a little pooch a month and a half into the pregnancy? I am very small aswell,, 4'10'' and I was 107lbs.

ashleighj17

Asked by ashleighj17 at 4:41 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No it is not. Everyone & every pregnancy is different. Congrats
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:43 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Not odd in the least. Everyone starts showing at a different time. You couldn't even see my belly at 5 months (And I weighed 113 at the beginning..) Then I bloated really fast. Consider it a blessing, I think you're less likely to wind up with bad stretch marks if the belly grows slowly throughout the pregnancy, as long as you're gaining the appropriate amount of weight. GL! And congrats!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:45 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I don't think it is odd. I noticed my stomach was very bloated at about 5 weeks. I didn't know I was pregnant, and couldn't figure out why my stomach looked to fat. Most of it will just be bloating until you are farther along. One big thing I've realized since joining pregnancy websites, is don't get discouraged by how other people's stomachs look compared to yours. Everyone is different and some people show alot sooner than others. I've had a noticeably pronounced stomach since around 12 weeks.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:46 PM on May. 28, 2009