How to pick up shattered glass??

My SO was cleaning the kids carpet and was using a glass measuring cup(pyrex one) and accidentally knocked it over onto the bathroom floor. I know there was a fool-proof way i read somewhere to remove shards of glass. We have linoleum(not tile) with some little "grooves" in the pattern.

Anyway, I dont want the kids cutting their feet(or me either) on the shards of glass. Cause I know(from past experience) that glass can shatter into teeny tiny fragments that you can even see.

Thanks for anyone who can help me out here. :)

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 4:50 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• slice of bread! Just press it over the glass & it sticks into the bread!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 4:58 PM on May. 28, 2009

• try duct or packing tape good luck!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 4:51 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I just take a broom and dustpan over the floor three or four times. then I take one of those hand held vacuums and go over it again. then i take a wet paper towel to get the pieces that may still be remaining (most of the time I don't need the paper towel) make sure you take up rugs and shake em out good.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:53 PM on May. 28, 2009

• yup, sweep, wet mop, dry, hoover then use tape to make sure it's all up.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• After I sweep, I use a damp paper towel, then again. I also get into all the corners and along the wall- shattering glass can get all over. You should also carefully vacuum the carpet nearby where the glass shattered because it may have flown about. I use fresh damp paper towels until the towel comes up perfectly clear of glass, by the way. It may take as many as a half dozen.

Answer by Bmat at 5:01 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Thank you ladies!!! Great answers!!!!

the slice of bread one was the one I was thinking of but couldn't remember it, but the other ones are just as great. Wish we could choose more than one best answer here. :(

Thanks again!
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 5:14 PM on May. 28, 2009

• a piece of bread will pick it up.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 5:41 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Play dough picks it up too.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 5:43 PM on May. 28, 2009