What should I do? TMI...

For a month now (on and off), I keep on thinking I have a vaginal infection. It sometimes itches, burns and get a yellowish discharge that doesn't smell bad. I did get the mirena iud inserted in Feb. Do u think its an infection or side effects? I get those symptoms for 3 days then they are gone then won't get them again for another 2 wks. Is there any way to find out without going to the doc? We have a lot of bills and they charge 120 plus prescription. Do over the counter meds work for an infection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Health

• it sounds like a yeast infection. get monistat the 3 day treatment it works best. I hope you are happy with your Mirena. I have had mine for almost a year and I did not know all the aspects of it and I am so upset about it that I am having it removed Next month.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:59 PM on May. 28, 2009

• You can buy an at home yeast infection kit to test for it. They are like 10 bucks but you get more than 1 test. Try not using tampons for a month or so and if you do limit them to when your on the go and use pads at night to limit the amount of bacteria you keep inside you. If you don't wear tampons then get a over the counter test and see what it says and use vagisal or monistat.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 5:01 PM on May. 28, 2009