I've learned so much

In the short time I've been on this site I've learned some really interesting and BIG MAJOR important things. Some of you ladies have opened my eyes on some many issues, not just politics either. I can't say that I haven't been blown outta the water by some comments/statements but it truly has been a learning experience.

Many of you are really smart and it's obvious that you've done your homework so to speak and that you're passionate about your views.

So here's my question (because we know there will be 1 person who says "what's your question") do you think that in the time you've been coming to this site that you have learned anything new or have your views on one or two issues relaxed because of some information that someone on here passed onto you?

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 5:09 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I've learned that I'm not as much of a lefty Lib as I used to think and that all Republicans aren't evil, just the graceless ones ; )

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:46 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Yes. When I first came here to this site I was dead set against any kind of legalization of Marijuana. (I've had really bad personal experiences with addicts among my friends and family.) However, after learning a bit more and reading a bit more from some of these women...and being diagnosed with a chronic lifelone illness (however I'm allergic to Marijuana so it won't help me but I can see how some people will do anything to rid themselves of pain) I'm starting to be more open to changing my view on this subject. It still makes me uncomfortable...but I'm willing to think about it now...that's as far as I can go though...to think about it...LOL!
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 5:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I am now a non-vaccinating mommy due to Cafemommies. I was vaccinating, but I got to reading some stuff on here about it, and then I did my OWN research, and decided that it is NOT for our family! So yeah, I can definitely say that being a member of CafeMom has opened my eyes to a lot of things.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:18 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I have learned that I am not very interested in legislating moral issues, unless they endanger public safety.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:39 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I originally came to CafeMom about 1 1/2 years ago because I REALLY needed to talk to other moms with Autistic children--I was going through a tough time, and needed to both vent and ended up discovering I had a lot of helpful tips and advice to give other moms just beginning this journey!

I then ended up getting caught up in the Caylee Anthony case, and since the months leading up to the 2008 election have pretty much been hanging out in here and other political groups. But I like the Answers section the most--much faster responses! :o)

I can honestly say my eyes have not "opened" more since joining CM. I have always held true to my beliefs and convictions, and have never allowed someone else to change my mind for me. I have asked many questions on things I didn't know, but once I learned the answers--and from those who I feel really know their stuff, I was pretty satisfied with my newly gained knowledge! :o
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:45 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I have made a friend who keeps me grounded in my principles when deciding some tricky social issues. Thanks, Eilish.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 5:51 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I have found out that I have very strong morals and convictions and am extremely firm in my beliefs. I also found that I can stand up for myself and that arguing doesn't mean I have to run and hide. I can stand and fight back......LOL
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 6:30 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Good for you Foreverb3, those are excellent qualities. Some on here get some kind of thrill out of making you feel like you should either bury your head in the sand or run and hide because your views are different from theirs.

Anonymous

• Love that last part of the last comment - priceless!
    Anonymous

• I was against legalization of marijuana, and gay marriage. I am now for both considering what i've learned here- I don't want someone else's rules governing my life.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:52 PM on May. 28, 2009