Sotomayor says gun ownership isn't a "fundamental right." She also stated the 2nd amendment DIDN'T apply to the states.

An exerpt:

Earlier this year, President Obama's Supreme Court nominee joined an opinion with the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals ruling that Second Amendment rights do not apply to the states.

A 2004 opinion she joined also cited as precedent that "the right to possess a gun is clearly not a fundamental right."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/28/sotomayors-gun-control-positions-prompt-conservative-backlash/

Don't do Fox News? Google Sotomayor 2nd amendment for lots of articles.

Is this who we want interpreting the CONSTITUTION?

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 5:17 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:18 PM on May. 28, 2009

• It seems as if liberals WANT Sotomayer, and the MAJORITY of them do not believe in personal gun ownership, so there in lies the problem....they don't care about gun control issues, because it doesn't affect them!

The only time you'll hear a lib complain is when THEIR issue/cause of choice is not being addressed in the manner in which they want.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:33 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Sorry LoriKeet I'm not liberal but I support Sotomayer.
    The same goes with Republicans when their issues/cause of choice is not being addressed in the manner in which they want,they will complain.
    Anonymous

• Considering Sotomayer is about as liberal as you can be, I find it hard to believe you are not liberal! How can you support someone with extreme liberal views when you are not of the same mindset/ideology? Is it because you are Latina, and you support her SOLELY because she is Latina?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:48 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Every group behaves the same way, politically. It's kind of the definition of being politically active. So, the issue is to educate more people on the importance of our Second Amendment rights. More people need to see it as important to their very freedom.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 5:49 PM on May. 28, 2009

• just because you find something hard to believe doesn't mean that it can't be true.
    Anonymous

• LoriKeet

I'm not Latina.Do you have something against Latinas?

Show me the proof that she is extreme liberal,please. Research how she ruled abortion cases,maybe you will learn something. Keep up your daily verbal attacks!

Anonymous

• Then why not state your reasons for supporting this woman, and enlighten me! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• The fact that she has had a very high percentage of reversals of her rulings speaks volumes to me.

Anonymous

• Oh, good GOD! Here we go...again!

Instead of having an INTELLIGENT discussion, lets just A$$ume because I do not share your views or ideology that I MUST have an issue with ALL non-Caucasian races and ethnicity's!!

Is THAT the best I can expect of the big ol' blue question mark folks?!  Perhaps you're better off hanging out in the Just For Fun category, if you have nothing intelligent to offer!  LOL :oP

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:58 PM on May. 28, 2009