Help my hubby lost his job and I need 2 knoe how to make him feel better about hisself!

My husband has worked all his life he has been at the same job for 11 years.And last month the let him go.He feels that we should get a divorce cause he cant support me and the kids,I keep telling him things will get better but he feels so bad about hisself and like he is not a man cause he dont have a job.Help I love this man and need help to make him feel better about hisself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• My dh equates sex to feeling good about himself. Not outwardly, but if we aren't having a lot of sex he feels badly about himself.
    SO when he feels really down I give him a world class BJ. And I make over him like he is the best lover and the sexiest man around.
    This sounds weird but I am treating my dh's depression with sex. I make it a point to have sex with him and tell him how great he is everyday. At first I wasn't into sex everyday, but it has become the most rewarding challenge to squeeze it in everyday and enjoy it.
    I am only posting anon because his mom and sisters are on this site and I don't think they would want to know.
    Anonymous

• Be subtle about it, don't let him catch on that you are doing it, in other words, but look to him for decision making. He is feeling like dirt now and that things are out of control for him, so ask his advice, let him decide. This will help him understand not only that he is valued but that he does have control over some part of his life. Not that you would, but never say anything about not having enough of this or that or wanting something you can't have, or if the children want something don't say you can't afford it but make up some other reason, and not where he can hear. You are a good woman for being this sensitive about your husband.

Answer by Bmat at 5:47 PM on May. 28, 2009