How can he think she's not his kid??

i'm married. happy. been happy. he says he's happy. but when our daughter is born he looks at her and thinks that she's not his. all because she's light. I'm asian and he's african american. my first son was with an african american too and he came out light but later on gained his color. What am i suppose to do to reassure him? (by the way, he didn't tell me that he doesn't think the baby's his out right, but he keeps making comments that makes me know what he's thinking)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Make him pay for a test, it'll shut him up
    Anonymous

• Go on Maury! lol
    Anonymous

• Take a test or go to the babys doctor and tell him/her about this and maybe he can reasure your hubby of the color difference.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 5:50 PM on May. 28, 2009

• lol, i dont think maury will help with our relationship but thnks for the comments
    Anonymous

• give it time! when your baby gains her color he'll feel dumb. Point out other parts of her that he has... my daughter was born with jet black hair, i'm blonde and my husband has brown hair. He kept asking me if she was his so I pointed out her hair colic, her toes, her eye shape... i started saying she was his from head to toe! LOL it'll get better!!! :) don't let it get to you, you know the truth!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:52 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Point out how ridiculous it is to determine if the baby is his or not based on the skin color... you are ASIAN for crying out loud!!! AND babies carry traits from all parts of the parent's families too!

Or maybe he really is just kidding and doesn't realize how much it hurts you to hear it. Next time he says something, ask him if he REALLY thinks he has to worry about the baby's paternity and let him know that you don't like it when he talks like that. (maybe even cry a little..lol) You can get your point across but blame the hormones...lol

Good luck!

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:22 PM on May. 28, 2009