What are some good items to have when the baby arrives?

MeciaJNev

Asked by MeciaJNev at 5:51 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lots of diapers and wipes, a safe crib for them to sleep in, lots of washcloths, breast pads if you're nursing, lots of onesies and sleepers.Best wishes!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:07 PM on May. 28, 2009

• for me, I would want to have lots of newborn size diapers, cheap washcloths (to clean up messy diaper changes), unscented baby wipes, long-sleeve side-snap shirts, baby socks, a boppy for nursing, swaddling blankets, a co-sleeper or bassinet, a white noise machine, and a few nursing bras/tanks. Oh, and midol and ice packs for your post-delivery pain.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 6:14 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Monitor, Rubbing Alcohol, Jammies, a sun sheild for the car window, someone around to help you, food in the house (you may not get to the store very soon) bottles (even if you plan to breast feed, you never know if they will come in handy) a pump if you plan on BF, changing pads for those fun diapers, and the one thing I always wished I had was a changing table. I used the crib, which was easy...until I had to lower it, then lower it again...you get the idea.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:47 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Boppy pillow whether you are breast feeding or not... Lots of booby pads if you are nursing(and wear them at night even if you dont think you need too lol)! A sling or a carrier (I wear a MOBY) is a must have if you have a needy baby (mine had colic)

Hmm... all that and lots of patience
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 7:14 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Stock up on diapers. :) And wipes. With both my older kids, I had tons of diapers when they were born, it helped a lot!

Pajamas, lots of them. They will live in those little rompers for a while. If it's a summer baby short sleeved ones, for any other season long sleeved. Hats are good for a while. You'll want some blankets big enough to swaddle with.

I think it is a very good idea to have some of those little trash bags you can get that are only big enough for a diaper or an outfit, because when they have a big blowout and you haven't got a trashcan handy, you dont' want to put a yucky diaper and clothes back into the diaper bag.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 7:21 PM on May. 28, 2009

• YES, I second the Moby wrap! It is awesome for getting things done (after you have healed of course!!!) around the house if baby is hungry or just fussy about being set down! I still use it for DD now 10 months! And second the boppy too! It is a big help with breastfeeding or bottle feeding! If you are delivering this summer, I recommend making sure you can keep baby cool at home. If you don't have AC, make sure you have a small fan with not much force but enough to move the air to keep near baby. I had AC upstairs but didn't do much for downstairs and it really effected my DD when she was so little late last summer. Little guys like that have a hard time adjusting there internal thermometer and the heat can be very bad for baby!
    Good luck and congratulations!!! =D
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 7:24 PM on May. 28, 2009

• definately diapers and wipes and onesizes because newborns tend to spit up alot burp rags if you dont want the baby to spit up on your shirt when you are burping the baby you will want definately pajamas recieving blankets because babies are comfortable in them swaddled up it all depends on when you had your baby i had my baby in November and we live in tx so we got a jacket for her and definately socks
    zoeysmommy09

Answer by zoeysmommy09 at 10:53 PM on May. 28, 2009

• onesies, 2 packages of newborn diapers, 3-4 packages of size 1 diapers, 2-3 packages of wipes, q-tips, rags, a few sleepers, receiving blankets, burp cloths, a couple little cotton caps, a sleep sack or gown, nail clippers, nasal aspirator, and baby mittens or a few pairs of socks to put over their hands to try to prevent scratches on their little faces.
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 12:00 AM on May. 29, 2009