Can pregnant women eat shrimp?

Just wondering if it is okay for pregnant women to eat shrimp-- either cooked or raw. I heard it isn't good for pregnant woman to eat fish because of mercury but what about shrimp and other seafood?

yay4pink

Asked by yay4pink at 5:53 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i did... and crab and lobster! it was my big craving!!! I limited myself to 6-8 ounces a week. There are different opinions from drs about seafood, mine said I had to make the choice and if i do eat it, not to exceed 6 ozs in a week. I took it as it was my decision
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:59 PM on May. 28, 2009

• That just scared the crap out of me because Im eating shrimp right now lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 6:13 PM on May. 28, 2009

• idk if it's true, but the info my dr told me to look at says eating a little each week improves iq level... who knows!!! I was prego and needed seafood! :) How far along are you?
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:17 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Shrimp is cool it doesn't have mercury in it

I love shrimp and seafood so I've been looking it up to see what seafood i can and can't eat
    MsQuiana

Answer by MsQuiana at 6:28 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I'm just about 5 weeks pregnant now.
    yay4pink

Answer by yay4pink at 6:39 PM on May. 28, 2009

• if you type in your search engine "seafood during pregnancy" you'll find sites that list which seafoods that are safe and those to avoid
    MsQuiana

Answer by MsQuiana at 6:42 PM on May. 28, 2009