how do i handle my girls being taken from me by dss???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I guess you should figure out how to change your life to make improvements to be a better parent and get them back.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:58 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Agreed with legal mommy
    Anonymous

• Begin with truth and honesty about what brought the situation on in the first place. Examine your life and figure out what needs to be changed or fixed. Emotionally it is a tough time for you. You really have two choices..suck it up and do the above....or play the victim and blame someone else. One can lead to being reunited with your kids. One will not. The ball is in your court.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:06 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Take the steps they are advising you to take to get them back. There must be something that they think you need to do to have custody.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 6:10 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Take ownership of the problem. Try not to lay blame on anyone else and recognize what you can do to ensure that you become a better parent. Cooperate with DSS and do what they ask of you. Let them know you take resonsibiltiy for whatever happened. If you truely take responsibility and truely want to become a better mom then your kids will be returned. DSS is not in the business of keeping families apart. They want to help the parents become better parents. It is a painful time for you I am sure. Just remember to blame no one else and do what DSS and your children need you to do.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:36 PM on May. 28, 2009

• without knowing why the child was taken it's hard to answer but I'll try. Most times they will put what's called a parenting plan in place. Do everything in that plan in a timely manner. Go to ALL your visits with that child and be a loving attentive parent. Work with the workers but don't be a pushover. If they are not doing what they are supposed to do go to their supervisor and if it's not handled keep going up the chain of command. Let them know you are serious about being a mother to your kid.stay in contact with your lawyer(they normally appoint one) and keep a journal of everything that happens. If you do these things and correct whatever they may have an issue with you about then you should get your kid back
    Anonymous

• My friends had their little girl taken away from them. The dd doesn't belong to the man, but she does belong to the woman. She was taken away because of suspected child abuse. They were supposed to take classes and attend counseling, which they haven't done yet and it's been over a year. Instead of saying, there's a problem and do what they can they have lost the little girl forever. The girl's father wants custody and he will get it. In the mean time, they had another baby and lost it too because the first case hasn't been closed yet. Own up to what happened and be an adult. Do what you're told to and better your life so you can get your little ones back. I'm assuming you care since your asking what to do and not blaming everyone. Good luck. I hope you get them back home soon.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 7:19 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Honey,instead of asking us,please ask your social worker,I'm quite sure,you should have some goals set up for you,wheater it will be parenting classes,getting a new place,it's so hard to say,because,we don't know why your daughters were taken away. I do wish you and your daughters the very best.
    Anonymous

• why don't you tell us why and maybe we can give you better advice? I mean you should answer anon but it might help us give you better advice
    Anonymous

• Just do what ever they tell you to do as soon as they tell you to do it. And don't do what ever it was that you did to get them taken away, or anything else they tell you not to do.
    sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 8:17 PM on May. 28, 2009