I need some information about my next dr. appt.

I have my next dr. appt next Wed. I'm 4 months now and they doc said that we will only be hearing the heartbeat of the baby only this time so does that mean i'm not going to see my baby on a ultra sound or just the heartbeat and thats it? please and thanks...

maris1192

Asked by maris1192 at 6:09 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It means they will just listen to the heartbeat, ask how you are feeling/if you have any questions, and then you will leave.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• It sounds like the doctor is saying no u/s this time, but he could mean something else. Every practice is different, so you really have to ask what their policy is. My OB did not routinely do ultrasounds in her office; I had to go to a specialist for those.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:17 PM on May. 28, 2009

• They may schedule your US at that time. My doctors office didn't do them, I had to go to the hospital. It's still cool to hear the heartbeat.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 6:22 PM on May. 28, 2009

• They would tell you that you're going to have an ultrasound or not and it would say on your appointment. You would need to know ahead of time so that you could drink a crap load of water. Next time should be an ultrasound though for the sex :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 6:27 PM on May. 28, 2009