Is it normal for a baby or toddler to sweat?

This might be a silly question, but I was wondering: is this normal? I have a 2 year old boy who hardly ever sweats, even after some hard playing outside. I am much the same way. It never occurred to me that this might not be normal. It doesn't seem to bother either of us. We are also hardly ever thirsty. Anyone know anything about this?

Guaranteed

Asked by Guaranteed at 6:29 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is 17 months and has sweated since day one. Not always but when she is hot. I think she has daddies sweat genes! :)
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:41 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Actually... I know this lady, my friends mom who can not sweat at all... in summer she walks around in a wet bathing suit. True story. Something is messed up with her sweat glads... anyways, I'm sure u are both fine, the doctor probably would have found it if something rare like that was wrong. BTW, my two year olds sweats but not a lot
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:03 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Its not a big deal. Your body produces sweat to cool you down if your body dosnt need it then it wont happen. Usually not being thursty goes along with it and being hydrated. You will be more thirsty if you are dehydrated or if you dont drink enough water. And by the way these are facts not just how i feel about it lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:46 PM on May. 28, 2009