should you take your ndwborn to the hospital to see a friend who just had a miscarriage?

I want to support my friend who just lost her baby at25weeks but i don't hv a baby sitter and i would hv to take my baby. Should i go or wait? i try calling but she won't answer so i don't want her to think i 4got about her!

sunshyne251

Asked by sunshyne251 at 6:45 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i really don't think it would be a good idea. 25 weeks is far into the pregnancy so it might be more traumatic to bring the baby. you might have to wait to see her. but you should definitely send flowers and be there for her over the phone. but that's JMO
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 6:48 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I would wait until you can find someone to watch your baby
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:48 PM on May. 28, 2009

• WAIT! I would be devistated to see a baby after I had a miscarrage sorry
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 6:48 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Send her a card. Try calling again, but don't take your newborn there unless she asks you to do that. A loss at 25 weeks is really traumatic, and most likely she will not be be wanting to see babies or pregnant people for a while.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:49 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Don't take your daughter.
    Anonymous

• Sweetheart... 25 weeks is no miscarriage. That's called a stillborn, after 20 weeks is stillborn.... I lost a baby at 29 weeks and I could say from experience to definately wait. Call her but please don't take that baby in, it will rip her apart. mI didn't even want to see a pregnant women let alone a new little baby. Kuckily my time came and I went on to have a heakthy baby, just encourage her.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:53 PM on May. 28, 2009

• sorry about the spelling errors... ekk typing too fast
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I would hold off or do more to find a babysitter.

As mentioned, do call, let her know in other ways that you are thinking of her, but dont' take the baby to see her.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 7:00 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I m/c at thirteen weeks and when I told my cousin I was on the phone and her new baby cried in the background. I cannot even explain to you what that felt like it was AWFUL. When I hung up with her I cried for 2 hrs! Please do not do that to this poor woman. I assure you her arms are aching (literally) for her baby and that will be really hard on her!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• that would be the biggest slap in the faceto your friend . i miscarried at 7 weeks 3 times and it still killed me to see a baby
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:22 PM on May. 28, 2009