Is there anything that you cook that your dh likes better than his mother's recipe? Does it drive her crazy?

My dh LOVES my potato salad. There have been several times at potlucks that his mother and I have both brought it. Hers never gets eaten and mine is always gone. It drives her crazy. She says things like, well mine used to be the favorite.
Tell us your better than MIL recipe stories. :)

Nathskitten

Asked by Nathskitten at 6:54 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• stuffing...i had christmas this year..and my FIL said out loud, wow this is better than your's (while looking at his wife) lol
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 7:50 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I never get recipies better than my boyfriends mom lol she is Mexican so that might explain why she is a better cook lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 6:56 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My husband tried that at first and then I told him that if he liked it that much then he should go back and live with her. He got the point. She, on the other hand, was the sweetest lady who ever lived and would just laugh off the "he just loves your cooking" remarks with and laugh and an "I know"! She died in Jan. and I really miss her.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My MIL is a pretty good cook but mine is healthier and not as boring. It's good and my DH loves my cooking.... besides, he didn't marry his mama
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:18 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My DH LOVES my cooking compared to his Mom's because she doesn't cook. The poor woman can't cook a meal to save her life! If we go on a picnic and I'm not packing the food, you can count on MIL to supply the bucket O' chicken! :p
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 7:31 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Most of my food is better according to him, but we would never tell her that. He said her turkey this past TG tasted like dust lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:37 PM on May. 28, 2009