Can prenatal vitamins affect your breastfed baby's tummy and bowel movements?

LeeserC

Asked by LeeserC at 7:00 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, of course. Generally the effects are inconsequential, and worth it for the extra vitamins your child is getting from you.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:02 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't recommend stopping the prenatal vitamins. They are very important to keep the right nutrients in your body while nursing.

I took them while nursing my older two and will continue to use them while nursing my little one.

You could look on kellymom.com they have a lot of just great information and I am certain it's covered in there somewhere. :)
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 7:13 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I'd stop or find one without iron. Eating a well balanced diet is all you need.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:33 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I switched to a prenatal without iron after giving birth because the iron can make them constipated. other then that it is a very good idea to continue prenatals while nursing especially if you don't eat a well balanced diet.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:45 AM on May. 29, 2009