Is anyone else having DH drama

I am 12 weeks into my new dd and my dh is horrible. He challenges me on everything i do with her even yhough he has nothing to do with her. Sorry, only the fun stuff. It really started 1 week after she was born. He would get mad if i didnt give her to his mum yo feed. He still does! And just treats me like S***. Name calling, silent treatment...

Does anyone have any advice... i feel like im getinh depressed and cant cope

mummylovebaby

Asked by mummylovebaby at 7:01 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• If this is a repete thing then maybe you guys need some separate time, is there anywhere you can go stay for a while, so maybe he gets the picture? Yelling at you to let his mom feed the baby is messed up, good thing he isnt my DH because I would have told him to shove off, that is my baby that I carried in MY womb for nine months, I know even now my DF doesnt question me on anything that I do with our son because he trusts my parenting, BTW if my MIL had said some crap of she was going to take my baby she would be cut off too.
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:25 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Give baby to someone while you two go talk it out in another room. She is far too young to be fighting in front of her. Marriage is tough, but like I just told another mommy it is your choice to love. It's your choice in just about everything so you need to choose your battles. Is it so bad if he lets his mom feed the baby? Is it worth an argument? Sit down and CALMLY try to discuss what each of you are expecting and wanting from the baby and each other as parents and spouses. Hope this helps a little. Remember too that most daddies just dont understand the hormonal side of mommy-hood...so try to explain to him that.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:06 PM on May. 28, 2009

• O I never thought anything was wrong with her feeding the baby but when he yells at me for it, then something is wrong. Also my dd was only 2 weeks old! This is a woman who although says she loves me said to my baby that I had no idea what I was doing (in front of me) and that when she gets older she is going to take her and get away from Mummy. And who came over for the whole day yesterday and left once I had put the baby to bed for the night (obvious didnt want time with me) and my dh didnt come home for 5 hours.

Thanks for your advice and we never fight in front of dd (I know how damaging this can be) but I have tried this and he gets more abusive and challenges everything. ZEverytime we talk he says how sorry he is and that he will change but the next day is the same.
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 7:15 PM on May. 28, 2009