Do you believe women when they say "I love my step kids as if they were my own."..?

I hear it said a lot, but I have also spoken with close friends who will admitt that although they do care very much for the s/kids, honestly they do feel diffrently about their children. Which is not a slam or anything against s/kids just moms do have a diffrent bond w/their kids. okay discuss.

Mackenzie40

Asked by Mackenzie40 at 7:02 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you love step children differently not less or more just different. Of course you will have a different bond with your own children but thats only natural.
    Anonymous

• Yes, why not?
    jaimie175

Answer by jaimie175 at 7:05 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I don't believe that at all not one bit! I don't have any but I have been one!! Thats Just my opinion. I'm not saying any one else is wrong for the record LOL
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 7:07 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I dunno...but I have a friend who is a step-father and he admits that he feels differently about his step-child than his own children. I respect his honesty.
    dfearless

Answer by dfearless at 7:08 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I think it depends on the age of the kids at the time of the marriage I am not a strp parent but my mom remarried when I was young and he had two kids and my mom had two we all lived together I never felt like I was treated different and I know neither did my step siblings my parents are going through a divorce and my mother still is in my step sibling life they call her mom and I call my stepfather dad so I think it really depends on on the person

Anonymous

• I agree although I love my sd, I LOVE my biological children in a different way.
    Anonymous

• I think that bonding can occur. If the stepchild can love the stepparent, then the love can be mutual.

Answer by Bmat at 7:12 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I belive them but it is true that its a different bond. I was verry close to my step mom before she passed. But at the same time it was kinda a tug a war between me being more of a best friend and a mom thing. So it all depends on how long they were apart of your life as a step parent.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:15 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Well I can only say from my experience that I will never feel the same about my skids as I do my own, yes I do care for them HOWEVER its just for me, they are not mine they are just my skids KWIM, although I really have not had a chance to really bodn with them either being as we do not see them often, so that may be why too IDK
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:21 PM on May. 28, 2009

• step parents aren't suppose to be your mom (or dad) they are steps because the kids have two parents this i love them as much is bull shit and just women saying what they think will put them in the best light plus I usually hear it just before they go on to say what the kid does that sucks or how the kid isnt as advanced as their bio kid.
    Tatum2U

Answer by Tatum2U at 7:37 PM on May. 28, 2009