• In the Spotlight:

what do you know about Biloxi Mississippi?

I may be going for a few days next week. I have never been. Maybe I will shoot over to NOLA too???

chefjen

Asked by chefjen at 7:21 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Travel

• TAKE ME!!!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:48 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Lots of casinos. LOTS.

Oh yeah.. and Waffle House's.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:28 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I live in FL and my neighbor drives to Biloxi EVERY weekend so it must be worth going for!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:35 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Beach, and the best shrimp ever. It was fresh, not frozen and what a difference.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 7:51 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Well it was a long time ago when I was there I bet most of it is gone now from the hurricane a few years ago. It was beautiful though, sugar sand and like Laura says delicious shrimp. Gumbo, too. We actually stayed in Gulfport, right next to each other, but we went every year when I was growing up in Little Rock. There was a neat little ferry you could ride to a fort that passed a scary abandoned ship and a sea world type place. I hope the animals made it through all the mess.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 8:03 PM on May. 28, 2009

• oh and southern mansions too! even what was once the white house of the south if you will when they succeeded, a definite must tour!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 8:04 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I am about an hour an a half away from Biloxi and The beautiful southern masions are all gone. There is almost no one building back there. Only a bunch of casinos! The beach is yucky!
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 9:12 PM on May. 28, 2009

• O yeah the fairy tupwe thing is a boat ride out to ship island and That is beautiful!
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 9:13 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Wasn't there a movie called Biloxi Blues? Might be. Never been but I guess you can update us as to why we should go? Enjoy the trip.
    jns131

Answer by jns131 at 9:21 PM on May. 28, 2009