im potty training my daughter and i want to use washable training pants. what brand is the best?

i want one that wont leak easily and is not too bulky.

champagnedaisy

Asked by champagnedaisy at 7:35 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I tried several and they were all worthless.
    In years past, the crotch was several layers of thick cotton material. Now, they are filled wtih polyfiber fill. Yep - polyester fluff. The pee just runs right through them and onto the floor.
    So I tried some with built in waterproof outers and tried the old fashioned vinyl pants over the others. Since the cotton layer next to my daughter's skin was sopping wet and since the waterproof outer prevents any air transmission to the outside - her skin was stuck in a very moist, very warm environment and she ended up with the worst yeast infection she had ever had.

In the end, I stuck with diapers to start with, just taking them off when it was time to sit on the potty. Then I let her run bottomless. Finally, once she knew to run to the potty when she had to go, I just switched her to undies.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:41 PM on May. 28, 2009

• my son is 16 months I just got him some in the baby aisle at walmart...they are underwear but they are extra thick. They look like boys undies but aren't dont know the name sorry. but go look I like them they never leak they jsut get sopping wet
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:42 PM on May. 28, 2009

• If you are going to do it just use underwear- you WILL be washing clothes and underwear- I have not found ANY that were leak free besides pull ups- but my kiddo didn't take potty training seriously until he got out of even pull ups- having him in leakable underwear made me much more attentive to his potty needs :) Good Luck!
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 7:50 PM on May. 28, 2009