I have heard you still have a chance to get pregnant after you get your tubes tied? Is this true?

Okay, I got my tubes tied 2 years ago, and I am always on time every time of the month. This month seemed to have come and almost over and still no period. I have been feeling funny, but I think its just my nerves. I am stressed out right now to top it off with alot of personal issues and I hear that stress can also delay it. Is this true? The last thing on my mind right now is to be pregnant... The last time me and my SO were intimate was about a month ago.. Please give me some advice...thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes stress can delay or completely stop your period.

And yes, there is still a chance of getting pregnant when you get your tubes tied, just like there is still a chance when a man gets "fixed" that you can still get pregnant. Your doctor should have gone over these risks with you prior to the procedure.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:54 PM on May. 28, 2009