Help!

Here recently I find myself thinking and even having dreams about my ex. I love my husband with all of my heart and this is killing me that I am thinking about this other guy but I can't help it! I thought I was over him but maybe I'm not. How can I get over him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• It's just a dream, I dream about exes alot.
    Anonymous

• You can guide your dreams. Think about guiding them before you fall asleep, and when you dream something that you don't want to, shift the dream so it is acceptable. For example, if your ex appears in the dream, shift the dream to be his looking over at you and your husband, the light in your eyes as you look at your husband, have the ex fade away just as he has faded away from your life.

Answer by Bmat at 8:20 PM on May. 28, 2009

• In all honesty, I think this is normal. Sometimes when my husband is being a brute (lol) I have occasional mind wanderings. Just because you THINK about somebody from time to time, doesn't mean you would be with them for real. And it's also acceptable to wish for an ex to be happy. It doesn't mean you still want to be with him or that you have any less love for your hubby. Just relax hun! There is a reason you didn't end up with your ex and why you DID end up with your husband. Remind yourself of that and when your mind occasionally wanders over to HIM, don't mistake happy memories for love or regret. There are exes of mine that I hope are happy and still smile when I think of a certain date or something...I have a past and so do you. It doesn't mean, though, that I would ever act on anything or that I would choose him over my husband. It's so easy to mistake feelings and get worked up! Relax. You love your husband.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:40 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Writing, going on long walks to think... this is probably temporary, just accept that it is happening and work through your emotions. They are probably linked to something happening in your life... if you free associate you might be able to find out the underlying cause.
    Anonymous