my 18 year old son was deployed yesturday?

I was wondering if anyone knew if they have like a ceremony or pics they put on line i was not able to attend? And if anyone knows what happens next? im clusless

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Have you not been contacted by anyone from FRG? Is he active duty? What Branch. Usually an FRG POC (point of contact) will contact single soldiers mothers or family members, assuming he is not married of course. Sometimes you can get pictures from the local papers for the post, or go to the post's website and get info that way. PM if you have any questions.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:59 PM on May. 28, 2009

• when my hubby deployed they didn't put pics up. There wasn't what we called a ceremony for the time they left. There was a ceremony like 2 weeks prior or so. Where was he deployed to if you don't mind my asking? Where did he deploy from? Was he in your area? What branch of the army?
    My husband is army and my brother is a marine. Their ceremonies and everything were totally different. My brother was single so he had his company give info to my dad.
    I'm sorry to hear he deployed, it's never easy! We are very grateful for his service!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:04 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I'm not sure but I am sending you love, blessing and prayers. My lil bro just got out after 8 years and we feel blessed to have him home safe and sound and whole.
    depending on where he is there is actually more contact with home that in other wars thanks to the internet so hang in mom.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:39 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Clueless is what you stay for his and his coworkers safety. I know, you say, who would want to know what my son is doing? Insurgents, terrorists, many people. The insurgents work for whatever side pays the most. They are loyal to the almighty dollar. That makes it much more dangerous for our guys.

Your son has a military email address which should be (example) like this: full first name, mi, last name,: Joseph.a.smith@us.army.mil. He will be very busy and have about 5 minutes to check his email every day. You'll have to come up with all the info in the email. He can call, too, but he needs a special calling card that works from over there.

I've got red/white/blue ribbons all over every tree in my front yard (about 50) and big yellow ribbons, too. We've had neighborhood probs with deliquents tearing up yards, but they must be patriotic, they don't touch our yard or mail box.

Good luck and God Bless!

Hooah!
    Anonymous

• If he's deployed,hes ACTIVE DUTY. Your son should have papers he brought home from his unit at least OR check for FRG representation because they can be that lifeline for you! have you checked out the military moms groups here? if you need any help,please PM me and I will try to help. good luck and take care!
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 6:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My brother didnt have a ceremony, it all depends on the branch and what he does. You can go to goarmy.com and speak with actual military members and they have forums and they can answer alot of questions. I also love the book "Married to the Military" it gave me alot of info when my DH joined. Sorry I cant help more than that my DH hasnt been deployed yet, but if you need moral support Im here for you!!! Your an amazing mom for raising such a brave son!! I send my prays to you and your son!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• they make a big deal out it when they come back sometimes but i've never seen them do anything like that before they leave
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:40 AM on Oct. 18, 2010