Baby and car windows

My rear window is the only one in my car that isn't tinted (due to being smashed in at my old apartment) and I'm not sure if I should get it tinted again. Can I put a baby shade on it instead? Is that even legal?
Also, should I put shades on my side windows? Her carseat is in the middle seat.

doubleyouteeeff

Asked by doubleyouteeeff at 7:59 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes you can put a baby shade on it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:00 PM on May. 28, 2009

• yes you can put a shade and of course it's legal...much more legal than getting your windows tinted.
    Anonymous

• (2) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle if driver visibility through the rear window is obstructed, unless the vehicle is equipped with 2 rearview mirrors, 1 on each side, adjusted so that the operator has a clear view of the highway behind the vehicle.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:23 PM on May. 28, 2009

• The tint laws vary state by state, but as SandraB383 said, as long as you have the side view mirrors, you're fine to put on the shade. I used a shade for a long time, and learned to see through it (though it's a challenge). I took it down when we switched to the convertible, so my son can see out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:19 AM on May. 29, 2009