How do you deal with the father not being apart of the child's life

My son's father walks in and out of his life. And it really hurts both me and our son.My dad did the same to be and my brother.

logan_mommy_08

Asked by logan_mommy_08 at 8:00 PM on May. 28, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I know how this hurts you and your son, but the fact remains this man is the father, and the child has to learn to deal with them. You could try explaining how you feel to the father, but that usually doesn't work. Never talk bad about the father to your child, they love their father no matter what, and if you talk bad about him that only hurts the child too. The child has to learn to have a relationship with their father in whatever sense it is....you can't change the situation. He is the father and you can't change that now. I've been through this, and I know it hurts, but really there isn't much you can do about it.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:10 PM on May. 28, 2009