When (not if) Obama raises taxes will it hurt your family?

Raising taxes on everyone hurts the poor and middle class much more than the rich. Many people are hurting already, So when Obama raises taxes will it hurt yours?

Please just answer the question I don't want to hear that you don't think he will raise taxes or any other bashing.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:04 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, it will hurt my family financially.
    I worry most about the lower and lower middle - middle income families though. They will be the ones to take the hardest hit and those are the ones that politicians claim to want to save.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:07 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Yep.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:08 PM on May. 28, 2009

• If it happens of course it would but I don't see it happening.
    Anonymous

• So anon how do you think he will pay for his programs. He said on a Sunday show last weekend that we were out of money.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:20 PM on May. 28, 2009

• No.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:22 PM on May. 28, 2009

• blah blah blah
    Anonymous

• I think it will affect families rich and poor....most everyone I know lives within their means! Now, while those that have more money saved/invested may not feel the pinch as much as those barely getting by will, it still means that even the rich will likely scale back somewhat--proportionate to their usual spending habits. If one tax doesn't get you, another will! It's going to be impossible to come out of this administrations spending and taxing sprees--or the future fall of all this spending, unscathed!

Those who think they are impervious to Obama's spending and taxing, are kidding themselves. Just you wait and see!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:25 PM on May. 28, 2009

• WOW! I didn't realize you could see into the future.
    What else do you forsee oh wise one?!
    Anonymous

What else do you forsee oh wise one?!

Bless your heart.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:14 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Well, if I pay more in taxes but see a drop in my healthcare expenses or in other areas it will equal out, I guess. I have not heard the specific tax proposal in order to comment.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:19 PM on May. 28, 2009