Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I suspect my upstairs neighbors of dealing drugs from their apartment, is there any legal action I can take?

I have reasons to believe that my upstairs neighbors are running drugs in and out of their place. This isn't the only issue I've had with them before (I've written a few journals about hearing them have sex, ughhh). I haven't called my landlord about it yet, but I'm definitely planning to soon. If my landlord refuses to believe me, and I continue to see surefire signs of them dealing drugs, is there anyone else I could call?

Answer Question

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:07 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 17 (3,823 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • Oh, and I didn't know where else to put this. Whatever.

    Answer by caitxrawks at 8:07 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • You can always tip a cop. They will take any tips about drug dealing they can get. You can also do it anonymously.

    Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:09 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • Tell your landlord you are concerned for your children's safety.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • I would call anonymously to your local Sheriffs/Police dept. and ask for their narcotics division. Tell them your concern and the address. If they get enough calls they will start to do surveillance. That is what happened across the street from my house.

    Answer by Gigi1969 at 8:10 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • Oh wow. See, my daughter is only five months old, and I think it's a legitimate concern, yanno? They're up at all hours of the night and they've woken her up on more than one occasion. I've been scared to tell the landlord about them making too much noise, because they'd *know* it was us that told on them if he said anything.

    Answer by caitxrawks at 8:13 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • may i ask what your reasons to suspect are?

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • jsut make an anon tip to the police

    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:20 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • If the police don't do anything about the tip about drugs, you can also call them whenever they are loud late at night suspecting they are having a party and complain about the noise and ruckus.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • I had this same problem with the house next to ours. We own our home but theirs is a rental. The Landlord is a total waste of time as he is a huge pot head himself. I called a narc officer and he asked for plate numbers, place of employment...I don't know where she works and other personal information. He basically told me there was not a lot they could do, but if we could get it on video he may be able to help

    Answer by salexander at 9:33 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • My old neighbor was dealing drugs. They had like 30 cars a day stop for only one or two minutes at a time. The were always smoking pot outside, it would come in through our AC.
    The crazy cat lady across the street kept calling the police. They advised keeping a notebook with license plate numbers of all the traffic in and out of the house. The narcotics cops actually came to our house one night for a stakeout. There really wasn't a lot they could do. The narc officers kept coming out whenever they had a party and looked around the house, but never found anything.
    Finally after 4-5 calls a day from the crazy cat lady the narc cops finally went to the landlords house and told them that they knew that the tenants were dealing drugs and when they were busted she (landlord) would be held responsible because they were putting her on notice. So finally after 15 months of their crap, they were evicted.

    Answer by Nathskitten at 12:33 AM on May. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.