What do you use to clean your tub?

I am looking for a way to clean my tub that is easy and non toxic. Is vinegar with or without the baking soda the only thing?

mom2queenie2004

Asked by mom2queenie2004 at 8:21 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I love bar keepers friend. I don't think it is non-toxic though. I also use vinegar and baking soda but sometimes have to use the stronger stuff.
    sararsara

Answer by sararsara at 10:38 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I use good old fashioned, Bon Ami. Doesn't bother me one bit.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:27 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I use Mr. Clean in Fabreeze fresh meadow scent...such a nice smell. If the tub has tough soap scum I find nothing beats a brillo/scouring pad.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 8:59 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I use Kaboom... it smells good and cleans up quickly
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:34 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I use nature source bathroom cleaner I love it :) Spray it let it set and wipe off! :)
    ams7572

Answer by ams7572 at 11:23 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I use the same thing that I use to clean just about everything else: This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, i make a paste with salt, baking soda and vingear.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:44 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I asked about this about a month ago and it was suggested to me to try Borax or the Arm & Hammer Laundry powder. I had some Borax on hand and tried it and it worked great!!
    It was also suggested that I rinse and clean everyday, or at least every other day, so that the soap residue doesn't build up as badly, which I now do because it isn't bad, and I'm so proud to step into a sparkling white tub each day I take a shower! We also have hard water with high minerals that kept building up and now we don't have that sight anymore because it's kept clean with regular old Borax, too!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:48 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I use softscrub with bleach. That home-made stuff might clean it, but you'll have to scrub twice as hard. Not worth it to me.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:55 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I use Borax when it needs a good scrubbing, but for light cleaning I just use a baking soda paste. Since our entire tub/shower area is tiled, I also use our steam cleaner to tsteam the walls & tub about once a month to prevent mold from taking hold. The steam gets deep into the grout to kill any spores that are there, which is the main reason mold grows back, because you only killed it on the surface initially.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:40 PM on May. 29, 2009