has anyone tryed any diet plans that actually worked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Bottom line is diets do NOT work. You need to commit to a healthy eating plan, and exercise. You do those things and you will lose weight. NO SODA!! Diet or regular is just going to keep weight on you.
    Anonymous

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Weight Watchers works wonders, but you must follow the program to a tee, and always attend the meetings and weigh-ins. Everyone I've known, including myself, who has followed weight watchers has gained all the weight back once quitting the meetings.
    Other than that, I have no idea.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 9:17 PM on May. 28, 2009

• YES! I've tried diet after diet but nothing worked like the South Beach plan! It's NOT a diet, it's a way of retraining your eating habits! Sure, Phase 1 is hard because you eliminate most carbs from your diet, but it's a very short Phase then you start incorporating healthy carb foods back into your eating. Once you have lost the weight you want to lose, Phase 3 is the maintenance phase, it's for the rest of your life! By then you've lost the weight, you feel successful, and you are eating normal healthy meals.
    I did not choose to follow this plan just to lose weight, that was a benefit. I am diabetic and my blood sugars were out of control (over 300). Doctor said medicine, I said South Beach, she approved and I started it! In the 6 weeks that I've been on it, I've lost 10 lbs. (not a drastic amount) and 7 1/2 inches from my waist. Best of all, my blood sugar average dropped over 200 points! I'm happy with SB!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• We've used Weight Watchers online and lost alot of weight a few years ago. It works and frankly, I thot it was quite easy enough.

We've been using the South Beach diet for almost 2 months and it also works well. Its a more or less clean diet and really, its a way of life. It was created by a heart doctor to help his patients get their colesterol under control. I will know if this truly works, b/c I'm about to get mine tested again after 6 weeks. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:20 PM on May. 28, 2009

• special k diet. 15lbs in 4 weeks
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 3:57 AM on May. 29, 2009

• what is working for me is no sugar or fat. i dont eat meat..pasta or rice and i eat alot of veggies & drink alot of water. im moving my body as much as i can..'cept of course when im on here.. .mostly im choosing to do it this way 'cause i now have high blood pressure & 'bad' cholesterol. but hey..i lost my first 12 lbs. in 10 days.. .ive got 30 more pounds i wanna get rid of. the key though is excercise..walk if u can as much as u can..try to do the same distance at the same time everyday slowly increasing the distance..easier said than done..i know..but everything today is really about the heart!! good luck.. .
    ta2chef

Answer by ta2chef at 9:33 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I use Sparkpeople, which is more of a "lifestyle plan" than a diet. They retrain you to pay more attention to your eating habits, exercise habits, etc.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:48 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I lost a lot of weight on Atkins. I mean I read the book and saw my dr and the whole 9 yards. That really is a good way to eat if you do it right. I plan on going back to phase one after my daughter stops breastfeeding. Check it out, it's not as bad for you as people say it is, it's just the first phase that gets it the bad rep (but that phase is only two weeks long!)
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:06 PM on May. 29, 2009