flying with formula and water

I will be flying with my 4 month old daughter in June. We will be flying out very early and all the stores and things will be closed. I know that they will not let you take liquid over 3oz passed security. So I’m wondering will they let me take the water I need to make her bottles. If any one has been through this and may know I would appreciate the help!

Alorasmommy

Asked by Alorasmommy at 8:32 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my husband says to call teh reservations line for the airline you are fling on
    he works for mccarren here and said that last time he knew you could for a baby but he isnt sure anymore
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:33 PM on May. 28, 2009

• i took southwest: i know they let you take bottles (formula and water) im not sure if they let you just take water. I just asked for water at the beginning of the flight and filled her bottle.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 8:34 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I don't know what kinda of formula your dd is on but, Enfamil has powered to go packets. I have only found them at Target. Also you can get bottled water on the plane from the flight attendant. They will even mix it with hot water to make it warm for you.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 8:36 PM on May. 28, 2009

• THere are machines where you can buy bottled water. Also, depending on the formula, they have ready-made cans of formula. We use Enfamil, and although they're a bit more expensive 4 8oz cans, they're very convienent.
    If you do bring those, just put all of them in a zip-lock bag and let them know before putting them on the belt. Then they will take them and most likely just do an exra check of everything.
    Anonymous

• I just flew with my son. I took the powder through security and then just bought a bottle of water before loading the plane (I had to get a bottle of water before loading because he got hungry waiting).
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 8:45 PM on May. 28, 2009

• You can take the formula through security and an empty water bottle to fill up at a fountain or just buy one once you are through. When I flew with my then 9mo old I was allowed to bring several bottles of water through secruity, they just said 'is that for the baby' and I said yes and they waved me through.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 8:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I flew southwest...and I had some water in a sippy cup for my DD..the just used a bomb smelling device to make sure it was only water...pretty cool.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:10 PM on May. 28, 2009

• i flew in February and heres what i found on the TSA website; pre-mixed formula is fine, powdered formula is fine, plain water is okay IF its in a bottle. they have these little strips that they hold over the water/formula to make sure its not dangerous. heres the site...sorry i cant link it

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/index.shtm

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:27 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I just returned on Sunday from flying Jetblue to New York. They tested the drinks that I brought one in sippy cups to make sure they were not some cray liquid. Just make sure the liquid you bring on is in a container that can be opened and tested. I made the mistake of bringing a juice box for my toddler and it warranted a body search of DH and an extreme close inspection of our bags. No fun and it almost made us miss our flight!
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 10:11 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I flew with american airlines 1 week ago and they let me pass 6 bottles with 5 oz of just water in them, and I had the can with formula too, as long is for the baby the don´t have any problem,
    Iansmommy004

Answer by Iansmommy004 at 10:38 PM on May. 28, 2009