what is the earliest a baby starts teething?

nineteen84

Asked by nineteen84 at 8:38 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• some of my friends babies started getting their teeth at like 2 mo.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:39 PM on May. 28, 2009

• 4-7 months but every child is different. Some babies come out of the womb with teeth..eek.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 8:45 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I have heard of babies that were born with a tooth or two...so there is no set age.

That holds true for anything until after a year...there is no set age to start crawling, teething, sitting alone, standing, walking, talking, eating solids, etc. etc.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:45 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I was born with a tooth. My oldest son cut his first tooth at 6 weeks but my youngest didn't cut his first one until he was 8 months
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:53 PM on May. 28, 2009

• my son ia 2 1/2 months and is startin to teeth. every baby is different.
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 11:52 PM on May. 28, 2009

• He's going to be 3 months on June 6... he's started drooling, fussy when I feed him - he'll start crying and keep eating (pretty sure it's not an ear infection - no fever and not pulling the ear.), he keeps sticking his hands in his mouth and chewing and drooling on my shirt.
    nineteen84

Answer by nineteen84 at 12:07 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Birth! Some babies are born with teeth! My son started at 10 weeks. I couldn't believe it! Be aware, they can be teething for a long time before they actually cut a tooth. The tooth will be pushing its way up there, and it will cause pain long before it actually comes through the gum. Ah, the joys of parenting!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:16 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Normally around 3 to 4 months... i guess your baby is about to.Be aware that there are some cases when the tooth in front is about to come out he may experience fever..But don't worry this is just normal..just give her a paracetamol.
    jayzs

Answer by jayzs at 3:30 AM on May. 29, 2009