my almost 3 year old is seeing things at night.

My almost 3 year old girl is seeing a "lady" at night time. she says the "lady" hurts her and the lady is all dirty and can mummy wash her 2morro. She is terrifed and this starts about 1am till-5am. have seen a PED and he has no answers but says its not night terrors. Can anyone help me, she is so scared, and it freaking me out!!!

sprintgirl

Asked by sprintgirl at 8:39 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• aww ]: poor girl!
    I'm so sorry to hear that, I'm not sure what you could do.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 8:42 PM on May. 28, 2009

• the imagination really starts about now. However, this is very vivid and recurring. Is there a daytime thing that is frightening her? My dd started getting "bug" dreams about this age. She was seeing too many National Geographic movies about nature.
    MommyId

Answer by MommyId at 8:42 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I am not sure either my son used to see people he told me there was a red man in his room and once he was talking to someone in his room and when I asked he said he was talking to penny she is a young girl we knew who had just passed away but he did not know her I am not sure what you can do eventually my son stopped talking about it
    Anonymous

• Ugh, creepy. My kiddo is around the same age. A couple of months ago he came into the kitchen and said "mommy, somebody in my room"......so I went to see what he was talking about. He doesn't want the tv on ever when "somebody" is there and it is now to the point where he won't sleep in there....I don't know what to do either. I try not to make a big deal of it but.....I don't know. It's creepy.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:45 PM on May. 28, 2009

• my son was doing this too. what I did was got some sage inscents (i heard this is used to purify houses give them a warm feeling) and had him go around with it where he saw the "monsters" (thats what he called them) and he would go all over to the rooms and say "mosters, monsters go away. I don't want you to stay" that very night he didn't say anything more about them. since he is the one that sent them away he wasn't afraid.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 8:53 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My son started seeing people at night and telling my husband and I all about it. He has also seen snakes, spiders etc. We try not to make a big deal about it with him... my husband took him to the washroom and pretended to flush the snake for example and he went back to bed happy. When he tells us about the old "mommy with white hair" scaring him in his room, we tell him to tell her to leave his house and get out of his room. I find that several of the things he sees is tired back to either conversations or characters he has made up during play. Although I have to say the scary lady with white hair freaks me out! LOL!!!
    AngelGracey

Answer by AngelGracey at 9:47 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My son did this to. He came to me one night and said there was a little girl with black hair playing in his room. He even said she was sad and missed her mom, and wanted to play. She yelled at him because he didn't want to share his toys, so he came to me to tattle. I shrugged it off but he consistently would mention her at the same time each night. Eventually I told him to tell her she needed to go home so he could go to bed. He yelled at her to go home and never mentioned it again. I was freaked out but I think it was simply just his imagination. At least thats what I tell myself.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:58 PM on May. 28, 2009

• If it happens again ask her what she has seen and described it to you. And whatever she has told you just simply listen and immediately gave her a hug while telling her that it could be just her imagination..that there's no truth about everything what she has seen and she should not be afraid because you and her dad(or mention the rest of the family members) would always be with her to love and protect her...This is exactly what i did to my kid who just turned 4 a week ago.And every time she shared it to me i always tell her that i would always be here for her and there is no reason to be scared.Showing our love by kissing, hugging and telling them how much we love our kids makes them emotionally secured,strong ,brave and confident..why not to try it?

jayzs

Answer by jayzs at 3:13 AM on May. 29, 2009