My husband is distant from me after we foung out i was pregnant is that normal?

Hi, Everyone am so new at his but ill probably get use to it.Am 22 yrs old and am expecting my first baby am very excited but i feel like my husband is pulling away from me instead of getting closer he realy wanted a baby but now that i am pregnant i feel him different i dont know what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't know about your situation, but SOME men even if they planned to have a baby, they feel stress out about financial matter, about the responsability, to provide for a family, it is a change,try to get closer to him, ask him, maybe you can find out what is in his head,
    sami7jami8

Answer by sami7jami8 at 8:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Same thing happened with me. My dh mom scared him into not have sex with me after 12 weeks... he developed a porn addiction and is still in recovery from three years ago! I don't mean to scare you, but try to keep a close and intimate relationship during this time. I am prego again and he feels confident that he won't relapse and his doctor is really in support of this pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• You don't see if he is emotionally distant or sexually distant, but both are common. He's probably scarred about being a daddy and taking care of you and the whole pregnancy thing. My husband and I were much older when I got pregnant and you would have thought I was made of glass the way he tried to protect me.
    Sexually they can withdraw too. Sometimes they are afraid they will hurt the baby if they are intimate with you. Some guys have a hard time seeing a pregnant body as sexy. Too "motherly" I guess.
    Give him time and reassurance and soon you will see him come around.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Give him his space. Men deal with pregnancy differently from women, and they all have different stages of when it becomes "real" for them. For some it is at the first ultrasound, some when they hear the heartbeat. For some it becomes real when they feel the baby kick for the first time, and for the extreme few it doesn't become real until after the baby is born, and even not until after the baby shows some type of recognition (i.e. smiling, reaching out, etc).

My bf wouldn't even talk to me about it at all until after he heard the heartbeat, but it didn't become real to him until he felt her kick.

Just relax, it takes time. Don't push it on him, take baby steps.

And congratulations!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:56 PM on May. 28, 2009

• mine moved out every time I got pregnant. After 3 he finally said he didn't want children and that he thought pregnant women looked repulsive. Not sure why he didn't tell me before we got married or before we had kids!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:37 PM on May. 28, 2009