I feel like a baby is moving in my tummy!!!

Okay, I have for the last 3 days felt a strange fluttering in my stomach. It isn't gas, so I am assuming it is either a baby or a parasite. How though, could I be prego and not know it till this late in the game? I am actually on my period right now.

But I am thinking of taking a test because I can't figure out what this is. I have had two children and that is the only thing I can think of to describe this sensation.

What else could be moving inside of me???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Gas?
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 9:02 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I have felt this same thing, and gas can feel exactly the same as a baby! It's actually freaked me out as well...but alas, no baby was in there. As for a parasite, to feel it that would have to be one big worm I think. However, do you have any other symptoms of parasites? Diarrhea? Feeling of fullness? Weight loss? Forgive me, but...itchy butt? If so... they do sell things you can take over the counter at health food stores to get rid of worms and other parasites. BUT, I would always advise you to see a doctor to get diagnosed with a worm and to rule out any other medical reasons for your symptoms.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 9:24 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Aft5er a few kids you can have phantom "flutters" in yout uterus, it's not uncommon at all to think you are feeling a bay. Go lay on your tummy and see if you feel the cantalope size uterus you should have if you are relly that far along. You would be able to tell if you were by doing that, or by puching on top of where you uterus is, if you arent pregnant it should be firmly in your pelvis and you shouldnt be able to feel it at all. Or hell, go take a test to figure it out.
    Anonymous

• I have felt that too when not pregnant. I remember after my first when she was about 8 or 9 months old, I felt those flutters. I wasn't pregnant.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 10:00 PM on May. 28, 2009