"morning sickness"

I know its called morning sickness but can a person be naseated most of the day? and also is it normal that as long as i am eating i don't feel sick, but when i stop eating i start feeling sick again? and can the smell of certain food cooking make you sick? or is something wrong with me? and why is it that salty and sour food satisfies me more than anything i eat? am i lacking something?
I'm sorry I have ask so many questions. I have looked online and although it answers the questions partially it doesn't address my particular questions or i'm looking in the wrong place.

Kimi-kai

Asked by Kimi-kai at 8:51 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nothing is wrong with you, it sounds like you are a perfectly normal pregnant woman.

I was nauseous the entire first 4 months...day, night, morning, didn't matter. There was twice I woke up at 2am to throw up. If it gets to be too bad to where you can't eat anything, talk to your doctor and they can give an anti nausea medicine.

Yes, smelling certain foods can make you sick - food aversion.
    Salty and sour foods satisfy you because that is what you are craving right now....but beware of the salty foods. They can/will cause high blood pressure, and later in pregnancy can/will cause excessive swelling and gaining of water weight. Use a salt substitute whenever you can...Ms.Dash makes a great one.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:01 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Normal to feel sick all day. I was. My DH would come home to a half cooked chicken dinner because the smell of it made me go running for the bathroom. Chips were more satisfying to me than anything at first. Your sodiul levels could be a bit low and that might be why its that way for you just be sure to watch what you eat. And drink alot of water. If your eating alot of salty food then you will get dehydrated alot faster without even knowing it. Hope you start to feel better.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:02 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I agree with the other two posters along with I get sick if I don't eat anything.. and whatever you do.. try not to eat eggs.. trust me.. but through out my whole pregnancy (i am 27 weeks and 4 days) I have had to eat something when I wake up or else I'll be sick.. some peoples bodies are just different
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 10:09 PM on May. 28, 2009

• it is called morning sickness because often a woman will experience most of the nausea in the morning after not eating all night long. However "morning sickness" can last all day for some women. It is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about unless you were losing too much weight for example.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:29 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Yeah, sickness can happen anytime of the day. For some women they can still have nausea or morning sickness into 2nd trimester. And, it's normal to crave salty foods, just be sure to get all your other food groups in there and you should be just fine. Also yeah, I even have a sick feeling if i don't eat. All of that normal. If you still need reassurance talk to your ob. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:34 PM on May. 29, 2009