Why do I feel like a...

drill sargent whenever I ask the kids to do anything. I use to be polite and say please can you do the dishes, but I felt that never worked because I would have to say it 100 times before it got done. So now whenever I want the kids to do anything it's DO THE DISHES NOW very sternly and I only have to say it once. I don't like being this way, but it's the only way to get them moving. Anybody else have this problem?

twilite2000

Asked by twilite2000 at 8:52 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, and it drives me nuts.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:56 PM on May. 28, 2009

• im the same way my DH calls me drill sarg mom. i hate it but it seems the only way the kids will listen.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 8:59 PM on May. 28, 2009

• All the time.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:00 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Yep all the time.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• yes, geez, my son just does not respond at all if i say something in a calm voice. He will completely ignore me && it irritates the piss out of me. I feel like I'm being so mean, but he just will not listen any other way. However, I have been trying this new thing && it seems to be working. I will ask him nicely to do something one time. If he doesn't respond I will say it one more time, then I begin to count....1--2--3. He knows if I get to 3 then he is either getting a time-out or a spankin depending on what it is I'm asking him to do. It took him a couple times of getting punished before he realized what was going on, but now I usually don't get past 2. It helps me b/c I don't have to yell near as much anymore && he actually does what I want him to. I'm not sure how old your children are but I think it will work for any age.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:29 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Yes, but only for a week before my period................geez, I hate pms!!!!!!!
    Anonymous