Dh says mommy will be mad if I'm pregnant...wtf??

My period is late and I suspect I may be pregnant with baby # 2. Dh says that if we are pregnant, his mother will be mad at him...she and I don't get along. What would YOU say?

Btw, I don't give a crap what his mother thinks about our personal lives. She isn't supporting us, so what business is it of hers??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• That's kinda funny... a grown man saying that. If he was so concerned with that, then he should've either A. used protection (or more) or B. Stayed with his mommy so she'd always be happy.
    I'm assuming this isn't a planned thing at all, and if the two of you are happy about the possibility, then that's all that matters as long as you're not asking anyone else to pay for the needs of the baby.
    I'd be so pissed off I'd prolly tell him no everytime he wanted to do the nasty for a little while and say "nah, better not, Mommy prolly doesn't want you doing this either". That was said as a joke, I'd never cut him off (provided he wasn't sleeping with someone else and for my own safety I stopped).
    They should have a "I really don't care what you think about this" card you can send out for people like her.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:19 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I would say exactly what you just said. If my SO said that his mother would be mad, I would say
    "I don't give a f* what she thinks, this is OUR family, OUR home, OUR life...not hers."

(I had to say exactly that when he told me she would be mad not at the fact that we were pregnant, but at the fact that we weren't married)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:03 PM on May. 28, 2009

• ya, it's your life, he's a grown man, you're a grown woman!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 9:05 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Who cares what she thinks! The most important thing is whether your DH will take anything she says about it seriously and let cause problems for you and him. If he doesn't care then you should both have a good laught when he tells her.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 9:07 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Tell sonny it's time to let go of the apron strings. It's your life. Why the hell would she care if you were pregnant?
    twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 9:10 PM on May. 28, 2009

• shouldnt he care more about what you think instead of his mom??? i agree with the other ladies. Its your life!!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 9:12 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I probably should err on the side of just leaving at that would NOT fly at my house. On his part OR on hers.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:24 PM on May. 28, 2009

• like she can stop you!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:35 PM on May. 28, 2009

• If you are just prepare to deal with it. Remember you chose him knowing how she feels about you. And he chose you so he will just have to deal with the consequences.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:59 AM on May. 29, 2009