How many mommy's work...

work outside of the home and what do you do? Are they hiring or laying off due to the recession?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I work full time at Santa Barbara News Press. I lay out the daily paper. No they are not hiring and yes we have had alot of layoffs due to the recession.
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 9:04 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I work...ALOT!! I am a personal surgical assistant. Ive worked in surgery for 9 years and was on the heart team for 6. For the past year I work for a doctor now as his personal assistant. He does ear, nose, throat, head and neck specialist....i work in clinic and in surgery with him. I go wherever he goes. Im his personal surgical assistant. I LOVE IT
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 9:04 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I do, and I am a Phlebotomist.

They are doing neither - they are at a standstill. Not hiring, not laying off, but strongly discouraging overtime due to budgeting and trying to keep all of their employee's.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:04 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I'm a medical underwriter at an insurance company. I work full time plus overtime. My job has done a lot of job cuts and outsourcing to save money. Due to the economy? My personal opinion is that they just used this time to make the changes they wanted to make and blame it on the economy. Most of what they have done is outsourcing overseas and to other companies. Anyway, so far I still have my job and will be doing it full time from home in a couple weeks, one of their best perks. And i'm getting a raise. So life is good so far...
    Anonymous

• I work part time as a kennel/veterinary assistant. I have for the last 10 years and I love it. I was full time until my second child was born. so far though our clinic has been hit hard by the recession we have been lucky enough to have no lay offs. Business has been picking up a little in the last couple of weeks though and he is looking to hire a new vet. so maybe we are on our way toward a better day.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I am an Advertising Director with a newspaper, not hiring but not laying off I am the only one :)
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:33 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I work as a counselor for a state agency. We just filled one opening and we will have two more in the near future. We are so busy that all of us counselors have way more people on our caseload than we should.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 11:30 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I work as a handcrafter and studio manager for an organic makeup and spa products company. We make everything by hand from natural and organic ingredients. We are not needing to do any layoffs and just hired someone new in March. Unfortunately I have about 68 orders backed up right now.
    erika.lyn

Answer by erika.lyn at 11:52 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Yes I work full time, I work for a non-profit who supports people that have a developmental disability. I love my job. We aren't doing much hiring, and we have laid off a couple of people because they are down sizing a program, or a program is ending, because the state won't fund it anymore.
    momofdevon

Answer by momofdevon at 12:29 AM on May. 29, 2009

• I got bored so I got a job in a dept store as a bookkeeper. It's only part time. A few hours a day in the morning. Then the rest of the day is mine. It's really just to have something to do while the kids are in school.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:05 AM on May. 29, 2009