Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I keep hearing about how the CS system and the way the courts look at it all is so flawed...

So then why does no one do anything about it, no matter what for some reason it always seems like when it comes to CS the amount is either way too much or way too little, so why does no one try to stand up and change things?

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on May. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • in our state you cant close a case.. even if the mother dosent want to go after the dad, the state will.. load of crock if you ask me...

    i wish the federal government would take it over and make all states the same with CS/visitations... that would be much better.. it seriously needs an over haul
    2cuteboysrmine

    Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:41 AM on May. 29, 2009

  • because your really wasting your time, because no one really cares if these parents get there money or if they don't. it really doesn't effect them so they do not care.

    i think that there formula is messed up also for saying how much a parent or parents receiving or giving child support pays or receives.
    mrssundin

    Answer by mrssundin at 9:25 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • we have taken a stand for our selves when it comes to paying CS on my SD.... they want about 500 pages of documents because SO owns his own business, they want his 5 year projected business plan. pretty much they are asking for way more than a simple small business can produce from my SO.. we have also tried getting joint custody.. we moved to a bigger house because SD had to have her own room, and its been 2 years and still no joint custody...

    part of our problem is SO is behind in CS, because the courts went from the time SD was born and not the time they split up because they were not married, both my SO and his ex have contested this, but to no avail...

    ok im way off point here.. but we ahve tried every avenu to get our CS lowered, lawyers and all.. come to find out even when he ahd his regular job making over 59k a year they had the math wrong and he was paying to much then.. so what does the state do? nothing,
    2cuteboysrmine

    Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:34 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • cont.
    they say its in the psat, which is fine, but still wont lower it... we are struggeling to make a $700 a month payment to his ex... thats more than our rent and utilities most months... plus its court orderd that we buy half of all her clothing, and books and team sports stuff... shes in 5 soccer leages... so add all that up.....

    on top of CS its about $400 a month
    2cuteboysrmine

    Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:37 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • I went through 14 years of dealing with child support and was told several times by my case worker that it was my choice to "have a child with a loser" ! This was in response to me questioning how he kept getting away with not filing taxes and saying he was unemployed EVERY time we went to the magistrate when in truth he was self employed and I even offered to call contractors I knew he was doing work for to get proof they told me that was not legal. I filed violations every time he was far enough in time behind and he would send in less than $100 on the thousands he owed and they said he was trying! I never hired an attorney because I refused to take money from my family to make him obey the law my thought was that's what the judge is for and was told that if I had used a lawyer he would not have gotten away with so much nonpayment! I ended up telling my county that they are more protective of the deadbeat than the child!
    goaliemom93

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:55 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • Each state has different laws & guidelines. I worked for CS for 7 1/2 years. I will agree that at least 90% of the workers are doing a job and no more. The remaining 10% do care, but are limited by federal/state laws & large case loads. I do not know about everyone, but during my time at CS I began with a 2700+ case load, when I left the average case load was 900+. No one person can manage 900 cases, it is unfair to all parties.
    On a side note, I should received CS currently. The ex has been behind for years, just always making a payment before a court action. I finally just said no more...I closed the CS case, it seemed to cause more trouble than good.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on May. 28, 2009

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN