Christians: Does you particluar denomination support going green?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I suppose so. I think it's more of an individual decision type thing though. I'm a Christian and come from a Baptist background. It's not something that's enforced or really talked about, but to each his own, I guess....
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:10 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Yes.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:31 PM on May. 28, 2009

• It's not really talked about. But I have noticed some people kind of make jokes about 'going green'. Like the other day at work (I'm our church secretary) and I forget totally what I did or said, but the minister goes "oh, are you going green"? Like it was some big joke or something.
    I don't get that. Aren't we supposed to take care of the planet? I mean, we have to live on it, plus our children and grandchildren. I would think that we would want to take care of it.
    rosiecotton

Answer by rosiecotton at 11:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• My denomination isn't specifically Christian, but UU churches do support going green, and many have a "green sanctuary" program. I heart my church!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:21 PM on May. 28, 2009