is it really that hard to believe??

it is really that hard to believe that people who do not believe in gay life style still love and care for them as a person?

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 9:52 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I can believe it. My niece is, shall i say experimenting and has a girlfriend. I am totally against it however i don't judge and love her just the same.
    Harlem-GADiva

Answer by Harlem-GADiva at 10:04 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Most people are too closed minded to get that.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I'm that kind of person, I have a lot of gay friends and they accept my opinions and I accept theirs. I care about them I just don't agree with them. I think all relationships go through this, love relationships and friendships, we all have our disagreements.
    Anonymous

• I totally agree. I am very much against the gay lifestyle for many reasons. But that does not affect the fact that I love and care for them as people, or even friends. My cousin is gay and living with another man & I would never think of turning my back on him.

Anonymous

• I don't care how people think really as we're all entitled to our opinion, but I just don't understand why something like that should bother anyone. It's not your life, not your business, not your concern. Shouldn't everyone have the same right to happiness?

I can however understand what you are saying especially as far as families go. Someone in your family is gay and you do not approve yet you love them.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:04 PM on May. 28, 2009

• No I believe it, I have never accused anyone of hating gays. I respect your right to think and believe how you wish, I simply don't agree with trying to turn your beliefs into laws that others who don't share them have to follow.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:23 PM on May. 28, 2009

• "I simply don't agree with trying to turn your beliefs into laws that others who don't share them have to follow."

______________________________

What about the beliefs people used to have about women voting? If not for some people's beliefs that women should be allowed to vote we wouldn't be able too. The same could be said for a million other things.
    Anonymous

• why is it that we are expected to just accept the "gay lifestyle" and be okay with it?? why can't people accept the fact we don't agree with it and shouldn't be forced to be okay with it?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:54 PM on May. 28, 2009

• What about the beliefs people used to have about women voting? If not for some people's beliefs that women should be allowed to vote we wouldn't be able too. The same could be said for a million other things.

I don't think that's a valid comparison. Not allowing women to vote or gays to marry is preventing them from having rights. Allowing women to vote or gays to marry is not forcing anyone who is against it to approve, condone or participate. Disapprove all you want but don't stop others from having rights based on your beliefs.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:57 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Is it really so hardtobelieve that so many people are obsessed with gays? What the hell is the big deal they a re people like everyone else?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:31 AM on May. 29, 2009