What caused sharp pain on right back?

Today I was stung with terrible sharp pain on the side of my right back. I was screaming ouch! it hurt so bad!

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 9:59 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Health

• Sciatica
    lay on the opposite side take motrin 600mg but NOT IF YOU ARE PREGNANT and do stretch your butt exersices
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:01 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Kidney?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:01 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Kidney stones. They totally suck. I've had them, and that's how it felt - like someone was knifing me in the back.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:02 PM on May. 28, 2009

• If it still hurts tomorrow just as much, I'd get it checked out. Rule out kidney or kidney stones. It could be arthritis in the area, or muscle spasm among other things.

Answer by Bmat at 10:03 PM on May. 28, 2009

• is it your very lower back, just above your butty and to the side of your spine? Does it feel like you need to pop it or have it massaged for days? If it does then my guess is a kidney infection so I would held to your doctor. And I am not one of those people on here who freak out and tell you to call the doc
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:52 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Check you temperature as well, with kidney infection/kidney stones also comes fever, so that might be another clue as to what is happening. Get yourself lots of fluids in the meantime.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 1:48 PM on May. 30, 2009