Check this out, they want you to pay for this

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/13/frankingstein/

kittymommy

Asked by kittymommy at 10:25 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well apparently we've been paying for it since 1891 so why are we griping about it now, over 110 years later?
    Anonymous

• I hate questions like this- just tell us what this is about for god sake- i am not clicking on another link. If you want to pass on knowledge then write about it.
    Anonymous

• I know that's right; it's late and I'm lazy!
    Anonymous

• Wow. I agree. I think they should pay for their stamps out of their campaign funds.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:32 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Oh, why not? I mean we pay for everything else, what's a little postage, eh?
    There are people starving and these politicians are the most wasteful self entitled people I have ever seen. What was that about reducing our carbon footprint? Let's see 35million dollars on postage, gotta have trees cut down to make the stamps, how bout the glue, someone has to put the stamps on and then the mail carriers use lots of gas to deliver all of their self promoting political propaganda. Email is a much better option and it is much cheaper! I learned a new word though, 'franking", woo hoo, j. k.... :)
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:21 PM on May. 28, 2009

• You know those letters you get from your Congressman just before an election? The ones that tell you in such glowing terms all the wonderful things they've done for you? Who do you thinks pay for those? You and me. We always have - or nearly always.

They aren't allowed to send acutal "elect me" materials But "horray for me" letters are allowed.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:05 AM on May. 29, 2009

• Actually the envelopes are printed with the name and address and the amt. of postage right on there, no licking stamps for our lofty elected officials, (or even their Jr. Secretaries) itall goes metered mail.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on May. 29, 2009

• But its't it nice to know that we have been paying for junk mail all this time from people we could careless about? I mean I know I could care less about barbra boxer or any of my local losers.
    kittymommy

Answer by kittymommy at 12:44 PM on May. 29, 2009