Should my cervix bleed at 32 weeks?

I've been having braxton hicks contractions alot, moreso than you should. I was pregnant before and never had so many contractions. Anyways I was checking myself to see if I was dialating and all this blood comes out on my hand. I kept bleeding for about 20 minutes, probably enough to fill a heavy maxi pad and a half and I called my doctor to get in right away, well I had stopped bleeding by that time and I dont think he even believed I was bleeding because he checked and there was no blood there. He gave me those horrible pills to stop contractions and they really only cut the contractions down, not stop all together. Has anyone else had this this early in pregnancy? What does it mean, b/c my doctor won't tell me and could I be going into preterm labor? I'm 32 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that is one reason why you should NOT check your self !!!!
    go to labor and delivery
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:59 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Did you tell your doc that the bleeding happened after you checked yourself? I don't see how doing your own VE would be the cause of bleeding like that. That is not normal. It's common for a VE to irritate the cervix and cause a *little* blood but NOT as much as you are describing. I know what you mean about the BH contractions. I got a little paranoid about a month ago because they were so frequent and checked my cervix as well to make sure they weren't causing any changes. Do they know where your placenta is located? If the bleeding has stopped, I would make an appointment with a different OB to get a second opinion at the very least. Any kind of bleeding in pregnancy can be really scary and you should have some peace of mind.
    Caramelturtle

Answer by Caramelturtle at 10:43 AM on May. 29, 2009