Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In response to my question earlier. In Kansas it is two years for abandonment and she calls right before the two years or they take her income taxes so that messes it all up. Any tips now?

Answer Question

Asked by babygirl9669 at 10:32 PM on May. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 5 (67 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • um i didnt catch the earlyer question but i will take a guess
    close the child support case so they wont take her taxes
    good luck

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:42 PM on May. 28, 2009

  • same here, i didnt catch the earlier question, but am guessing you are referring ot mother or father abandonment of their child in your custody. i am in the same situation with my 3 grandkids. i have full custody, but to prove abandoment and get the adoption approved, in colorado it is only a year.. of no visits or no support,, which right now we have no visits or support since jan 2008 from mother or fathers... sooo i called legal aide to help me and they said i had to go online to do it myself, and so i went to the website and printed all the papers and am just sooooo confused,, hopeing to have the money for a private lawyer soon to do it for me,

    Answer by strtngovrmom at 7:15 PM on May. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.