Do you think the Jon and Kate plus 8 drama is some sort of publicity stunt?

Maybe this has already been asked...if so I'm sorry my computer was down the last few days.
But think about it. All this came out right when Kate's book was released and she was going on tour. That brought attention and interest to her book. Then the new season of their show premiered and there were nearly 10 million viewers!! That wouldn't have happened without the affair drama going on the last month.
It seems like interest in their show has been dwindling and since Jan Octomom has been pulling in a lot of attention. Do you think this was a way to get people interested in their show again? Because it sure as hell has worked.

aprilmommy123

Asked by aprilmommy123 at 10:44 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Entertainment

• No, it's real.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:44 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Good point i guess it could be
    that is true that a lot of people are now interested in who they are and their show. i kno i didnt care much about them before but have watched a few of their shows since hearing about the affairs. tlc has been running their show almost non stop the last couple of weeks.
    Anonymous

• No, unless people really do prefer negative attention. I can only imagine that the Hollywood lifestyle was eventually going to catch up to them and bite them in the fanny, and apparently it has.

Who wants 50 million people knowing all about your business. Have you ever noticed that the most respectable and most long lasting Hollywood people are those that keep their lives private? They have more quality character.

While Jon and Kate and their 8 were a phenomenon in the beginning, they are now a side show and should quit before they lose everything they had to begin with.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:51 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I think it's real. I believe that Jon cheated, and I believe that it's all just falling down around them. I'm a huge fan of the show, and the family.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 11:16 PM on May. 28, 2009

• Personally, I don't see why people are so interested in this whole thing. I know it was great at first, something new, but come on...our interest can only be held for so long. Time passed and the American people started to care less what happened on Jon and Kate and more about what is going on in their own lives. This being the case, they had to come up with a gimmick to keep people interested and glued to their TVs...Well look what we've got now! A family on the brink of disaster...Ain't it grand!
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 11:59 PM on May. 29, 2009

• I didn't know that Kate even had a book...but I do remember thinking that I had heard somewhere that their show's ratings were in the toilet....then, suddenly they are all over the tabloids and Jon had had a very early "mid-life crisis!" After I watched some of it, I felt sorry for the kids. They are always the big losers in a divorce or breakup, in my opinion. Anyone I have talked to, that has watched the show usually say:"they think the show is a big bore." Not anymore I guess!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2009