scared

im 24 weeks and im getting close to my due date,i have panic attacks and im so scared is there any other moms that have had panic attacks for a few years? im so scared i might die while giving birth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had panic attacks just thinking about how much my life is going to change when the baby comes. Our baby WAS planned but it can just be down right scary when you think about the huge change.

I have also had fears of dieing during delivery but only because I almost did with my last delivery.

If you are low risk though.. the chances of that happening are very low so don't worry.
    Anonymous

• honestly if you are having panic attack I would have a home birth with a midwive. very relaxed in your home with someone trained ( better than a dr. ever will be).going to hospital will make it worse. find a midwife, for real! and a doula!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:14 PM on May. 28, 2009

• There is nothing to worry about if you are a low risk pregnancy and I have to disagree with the pp comment, I think if you are worried that somthing is going to happen to you you will be more comfortable at the hospital knowing all means of help are there should something happen. Plus they can give you drugs to calm you down a little bit. There is anxiety medication out there not sure if it's ok to take while pregnant but it would be worth checking with your dr. about. Also, are you comfortable with your dr. if you do not feel comfortable with you dr. this could be leading some of your panic attacks. Just remember the maternity floor of the hospital is a well trained group of ppl that know their stuff & can help you out very much. Make sure you have someone by your side the whole time that can help you stay calm and maybe make you laugh to take your mind off things! before u know it u'll be holding that precious little baby!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:33 PM on May. 28, 2009

• omg! i have panic attacks, i'm 19 weeks. i don't have them as much as i used to because i was taking this herb called lemon balm. it stopped my panic attacks completely! i don't take it while i'm preggers though because it's not studied in pregnancy so the doctors don't know if it's safe. it is safe when you're not pregnant because it's just an herb, there are no negative side effects at all. it puts me in a nice calm mood. you buy it at a health store, not like gnc, you have to find a special health store that sells alot of other herbs and organic foods. you could buy it online too. it comes in different forms. i get mine in capsule form. good luck. oh and if you're having another attack while you're still preggers just slow your breathing by cupping your hands around your mouth or breathing into a paper bag.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:53 AM on May. 29, 2009

• right cause getting drugged up is soo much better then being in the confort of your owm home. Yeah, let's just drug the whole flippin' world and let other people take control away from us.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 10:25 PM on May. 29, 2009