When did you start dialating? (34 weeks and dialted to 1 cm)

I checked my cervix (My Midwife told me I could and showed me how in my last pregnancy) and it's quite soft but not terribly thin and it's dialated to about 1 cm.

I'm 34 weeks pregnant. I know people can go around dialated for a long time but I didn't begin to dialate anywhere near this early last time.

Anyone else begin to dialate earlier with subsaquent pregnancies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on May. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• WOW. It seriously amazes me how scared of their own bodies some women are!

I checked myself at the end of my pregnancy. I started dialating around 36 weeks.
    Anonymous

• i did at 29 weeks
    and i personally dont htink it is smart to check your self ...
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:10 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I have no clue. I don't even know how to check myself.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:10 PM on May. 28, 2009

• THAT IS INSANE TO BE MESSING AROUN D WITH YOUR OWN CERVIX. I dont care , that is dangerous because you cannot see what you are doing and what if you injure yourself. stop doing that, and tell midwife to do HER job. you can be dialated to one for up to 2 months.i am sorry but I cant believe someone told you to do that....
    Anonymous

• My midwife says it's actually SAFER for me to check myself than for her to do it because I have more sensitivity to what I'm feeling and am less likely to cause a problem than she is.

Why would you trust your doctor or midwife to shove thier fingers up you and know something you don't when you could do it yourself in the comfort of your own home?

I think women need to take back health care and stop letting doctors have the run of our bodies.
    Anonymous

• i was 2 cm from 32 weeks
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:15 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I'm 27 weeks and 4 days and I am already 1 cm dilated..
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 11:22 PM on May. 28, 2009

• I think women need to take back health care and stop letting doctors have the run of our bodies.

then why go to the dr at all . why do you have a mid wife?
    if you wanna take back your healthcare then deliver your own baby god it is stupid to check your self
    Anonymous

• So why is it safe for a doctor to do it?

They can't see when they are doing it. They just stick their finger up you and when you having discomfort they appoligize and continue. If I feel discomfort when I do it than I stop.

Anonymous

• then why pat someone to do it if your just gonan do it your self just have your baby on your own ...
    i never felt discomfort with my dr .. i guess i can afford a great dr
    Anonymous